They say that in life nobody gets off scot free. Whether difficulty in career paths, relationships, family, health, death/loss, natural disasters, politics, war, bad investments, etc. each one of the 7.5 billion people on Earth goes through shit at some point in their lives. Some more than others.
HERE ARE 5 THINGS TO KNOW WHEN LIFE KNOCKS THE $H!T OUT OF YOU.
- BREATHE. As cliche as it sounds, when you're in the middle of grieving/mourning/getting the wind knocked out of you, BREATHE. Literally take deep breaths and clear your mind. I promise this will help...1%? Maybe even 10%? Do it long enough and you'll be so winded you'll fall asleep. Just kidding. You get what I mean. When in the middle of a freak out, people tend not to breath...try your best to relax and breath.
- YOU'RE NOT CRAZY. Do I have to go into detail? You may think you're nuts, crazy, bipolar, need to be placed in a mental institution, but 9 times out of 10, you're just "in it". You're going through some crap and you feel way off, maybe even crazy. Lucky for you, you're not. Repeat step one, and remind yourself that this will all pass. I hope it does quickly.
- CHILL OUT. Decompress. Relax. Chillax. Loosen Up. Take the steps to make sure you're relaxed as possible. This isn't the time to go crazy with plans and add stress to your life. You may actually automatically want to do this. Probably the best thing to do is to take your time... chiiiiiill. Go on vacation. Go fishing. Go play sports with your non-competitive friends. Go to the spa. Go hang out with friends. You get the point.
- EVERYONE REACTS DIFFERENTLY. When life beats the crap out of people, people react differently. Some people cry. Some people party their faces off. Some people want to fight random people. Some people crawl into a hole and don't come out for years. Some go extra hard at whatever tasks are in front of them. Some people just give up. Whatever you decide to do... take care of yourself, don't compare yourself to others, and don't judge others either.
- TIME. Cliche as well. Time heals all wounds. It really does. You may swear it won't. You may be mourning your eyes out. You may be in the eye of the storm and its not letting up.... but guess what. This too shall pass.
SO NOW THAT YOU KNOW THESE 5 THINGS... GET BACK OUT THERE AND FIGHT YOUR FACE OFF.