The top 10 NYC retail leases in February February’s top 10 retail leases were slightly higher than January’s in terms of square footage.
The 10 biggest deals signed last month totaled 108,184 square feet, up 13,536 square feet from last month’s total of 94,648 square feet. The largest deal inked in February was in Midtown. Here’s the full list:
1) T.J. Maxx, 250 West 57th Street, Midtown – 19,000 square feet
The discount retailer extended and expanded its lease for 19,000 square feet of retail space at 250 West 57th Street. T.J. Maxx now occupies 47,000 square feet in the Empire State Realty Trust-owned building, while Ripco Real Estate represented the tenant in the transaction.
2) SkyFoods Kissena, 41-61 Kissena Boulevard, Flushing – 14,519 square feet
The supermarket inked a lease for 14,519 square feet at 41-61 Kissena Boulevard. Daniel DePasquale of Winick Realty Group represented the tenant and the landlord, Flushing Plaza.
3) Alo Yoga, 241 Bedford Avenue, Williamsburg – 14,228 square feet
The yoga studio signed a lease for 14,228 square feet of retail space at 241 Bedford Avenue. Lauren Musacchio and Alissa Bersin of McDevitt Company represented the tenant. Jaime Schultz of Lee & Associates NYC represented the landlord, RedSky Capital.
4) Modell’s Sporting Goods, 1601 Kings Highway, Sheepshead Bay – 13,905 square feet
The sportswear store inked a 10-year lease for 13,905 square feet of retail space at 1601 Kings Highway. Josh Augenbaum of Augenbaum Realty represented the tenant, while Nick Zweig of Locations Commercial Real Estate represented the landlord, Kingsway Realty.
5) NoHo Hospitality Group, 80 South Street, Financial District – 11,000 square feet
The restaurant group signed a lease for 11,000 square feet on the first floor and the mezzanine level at Howard Hughes Corporation’s Pier 17 at 80 South Street. Robert Futterman, Joshua Strauss, Benjamin Zack and Spencer Levy of RKF represented the tenant and the landlord.
6) Sam Won Garden Artisanal Korean Barbecue, 37 West 32nd Street, Midtown South – 10,000 square feet
The Korean barbecue eatery inked a 13-year lease for 10,000 square feet at 37 West 32nd Street. Elad Dror and Tony Park of PD Properties represented the tenant and the landlord, ARX AA.
7) 36 H&Y Duet, 65 West 36th Street, Midtown South – 7,565 square feet
The karaoke place signed on for 7,565 square feet of retail space at 65 West 36th Street. Ryan Chong of R&E Realty represented the tenant. Richard Smith and Aaron Noorani of Winick Realty Group represented the landlord, 65 W 37 LLC.
8) Chloe + Isabel, 40 Exchange Place, Financial District – 6,517 square feet
The jewelry company inked a five-year lease for 6,517 square feet of retail space at 40 Exchange Place. Janet Pierce Duncan of Colliers International represented the tenant, while Allen Gurevich of GFP Real Estate represented the landlord in-house.
9) Tim Ho Wan, 610 Ninth Avenue, Hell’s Kitchen – 6,250 square feet
The restaurant signed a for 6,250 square feet of retail space at 610 Ninth Avenue. Christopher Okada of Okada & Company represented the tenant, while Hudson Real Estate represented the landlord, Youffousse 610 9th Ave Realty.
10) Bulldozer NYC, 135 West 52nd Street, Midtown – 5,200 square feet
The restaurant inked a five-year lease for 5,200 square feet of retail space at 135 West 52nd Street. Daniel DePasquale and Thomas Caliendo of Winick Realty Group represented the tenant, while Christopher Okada, David Ho and Francis Leung of Okada & Company represented the landlord in-house.